AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

competitor clicking on my ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am suspicious that a competitor is clicking on my Ads

Where do I find out the IP addresses that are coming through from AD cllicks ?

What if they are using an anonymous proxy to do it ?

The reason I am suspicious is that - the number of clicks I am getting as gone up (almost triple per day) and the conversions I am getting has fallen by almost treble - to the point where it's not worth doing anymore.

Nothing has changed on my website re content or design change, the prices are exactly the same and we are competitive within our field.  We also have a bricks and mortar store - and our turnover there is the same as it's always been - so there is no change in the quality opf the product.

Re: competitor clicking on my ads

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

You can get the IP addresses from your web server log files.

Keep in mind, too, that spikes in traffic can occur for other reasons.  Check your match types (and compare to your search term reports), check your network distribution settings (are those clicks coming from Google searches, search partners, or display network ads).

Re: competitor clicking on my ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My web server logs (cpanel - logs) , just tells me the IP addresses - it doesnt tell me which ones have come from a Google Ad click - can someone explain to me how I can find from my web server logs - how I find the IPs of Google Ad clicks ?

My Ad settings havent changed -  - Local, Exact - and only the Google Search network (not search partners)