AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

combining foreign and domestic campaigns and track conversions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all,

We recently combined our domestic and international accounts for our company branded campaigns. They were basically mirror images of each other just one targeted the US while the other targeted all other countries we advertise in. To do this we just updated our US campaign location targeting to include all foreign countries and then paused our international account in case we need to look back at results. My question now is there a way to update the destination url to serve a different destination url for the same keyword? Something similar to the {ifmobile} {ifnotmobile}. My main concern is to have the url contain our specific internal tracking code for conversions that happen in the US vs conversions that happen internationally. 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: combining foreign and domestic campaigns and track conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI CBWY5,

Combining your US and international accounts is probably a good idea. Combining all your different country targets into one, non-targeted campaign is not necessarily a good idea, particularly if you want different destinations for different companies. The best way to do that would be to create multiple campaigns for the different landing pages and country targets.

Best of Luck!

pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords