1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

click validity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I have a question. One of my potential client has mentioned that due to their company's browsing firewall, they are not able to access the website despite clicking on our ads on google search. They get redirected to a page like the picture attached. Will my business get charged for such clicks?

Capture.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted

click validity

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The short answer is yes... they will be charged... the longer answer is... Why are they clicking on their own ads - and can everyone else access the site?

I was able to type in the url and access without a problem so, presumably your target market can do the same - although why you would send them to an about us page is something of a mystery...

If they know their own firewall is preventing access, why are they (or you for that matter) worried? Just tell their employees not to click on the company's ads.... or am I missing something?

click validity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, sorry if i wasn't clear. The clicks were not made by them but rather a potential client who uploaded that picture to inform them.

Is there a reason why they will be charged? referring to a google guideline?

click validity

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hmmm... it's a little like going to a restuarant - ording a meal and then choosing not to eat it... you'd still have to pay.

The fact that this company has a firewall that prevent their employees from visiting certain web pages (wow - I'd love to work for that company...) isnot really Google's problem.

You still get charged if your landing page is broken or the url is wrong - sure, Google do check these on a fairly regular basis and if they are found to be going to a 404 they will suspend the campaign until the ads are fixed, but you will still get charged even if the url returns a 404 in the meantime.

I don't know if there is a specific guideline related to your case, but experience with how Google works in other areas would suggest that you would be charged... once the visitor clicks, as far as Google can know, they are headed to a landing page which Google has checked and found to be working.

If you click on an ad and then hit the back button before the page loads - you still get charged, so there's no real difference here.

Experts in the Topic
stickleback