AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

checkout page conversing code

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

My company is using diffrent diffrent checkout pages for 3 sections(normal productsof website, tv section products of websites and offer section of website) , we implemented conversion tracking code on all 3 checkout pages for each section . so my question is that is this is best practise to use diffrent different checkout pages instead of one checkout common page?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: checkout page conversing code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi William,
There's no right or wrong way here. The way you have described it sounds correct to me. It doesn't matter what page the conversion tracking code is on as long as it's triggered.

Be aware though that if someone arrives to your site from the TV section campaign then converts on the offer section, the conversion will be attributed to the TV section. This is probably what you want though.

Re: checkout page conversing code

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

There's no problem with the way you're currently doing it. In order for you to see what types of conversions are occurring as a results of your paid advertising, I would recommend setting up goals in Analytics so you can track each conversion point separately.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032415?hl=en

Ryan.