AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

charged for view in adwords that aren't registered in YouTube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am being charged for views through True View campaigns in Adwords and then see the overall plays (from all channels) below this number of views when reported in YouTube. I had a very courtesy answer from a Google support staff member but I have to say that this is really troubling me. The explanation was that Adwords and YouTube calculate views differently. OK but I don’t think I am being unreasonable in expecting to get what I pay for. If they aren’t considered views by YouTube then surely Adwords should not consider them a view either? Different platforms but same company and maybe it could be decided to under-report Adwords clicks / views. Maybe someone from Google can give me a comparable example in their daily lives where they pay for something but don’t get what the paid for and are satisfied?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: charged for view in adwords that aren't registered in YouTube

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Matthew B;

Indeed "Different platforms, but same company", but  at the same time, those  are different  products, (ads vs. Videos) developed by different divisions, with  different measuring methods... Smiley Surprised

Here is how you are charged by AdWords:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375464

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: charged for view in adwords that aren't registered in YouTube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
"Viewers have to choose to watch your video or there's no charge." So why does YouTube not recognise these plays then. I like a lot of what Google does but this is an absolute joke. You cannot charge someone for something that their own company does not recognise. We are buying video plays - a very transparent metric. Google are recognising these plays to charge for us but not recognising these plays where it counts, in our YouTube stats. Again - give me an example in the real world where this happens and you walk away thinking yeah that seems like an ok deal? I know why they do it but cannot think of a logical argument to justify it. Seriously poor from Google.