AdWords
1.1K members online now
1.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

changed bidding amount for most keywords and

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Today I changed bidding amount for almost all keywords and also changed keyword match type from broad to phrase match; and the result i got was mind numbing, my Average CPC simply doubled from 800 to 1600 units....is that a common thing? what the best way to proceed...Please suggest....thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: changed bidding amount for most keywords and

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ritu,

There is a possibility that if you increased your bidding, i.e. the max CPC for your keywords and introduced the phrase match type pausing the broad ones, then it might increase the average CPC of the keywords because of the fact that now your competition is narrow and advertisers might be bidding high to remain ahead. Also, your ad rank might be low compared to other advertisers bidding on the same keywords leading to increased average CPC.

I would suggest you to review your search terms now and see whether you are getting more relevant traffic compared to past or not.Also review the Quality Score of your new keywords and if it's low, you will have to optimize the account to increase it.

Read these tips for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2633227?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Pankaj