AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

call extensions not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As I understand it, every time someone clicks on your call extension your number pops into their phone and they then have the option to hit call or not to call correct? I pay a lot more for these and so far I've gotten a few hits which costs me 66% of my budget yet yield no calls. I just started this campaign, but why am I getting charged for something if I'm literally receiving no phone calls? Not even mistaken ones. Just a competitor trying to make me reach my budget quicker? If so this makes call extensions totally moot unless you have a ridiculous profit margin for the few actual calls.

Re: call extensions not working

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Steven,

You're correct that by clicking on the phone number, it just brings up the number in the user dialer, so there's a chance they might complete a call. But we actually filter for invalid clicks on those clicks with the same rigor as we would a click to your ad headline. Here's more on that process. 

I'm not sure what country you're in, but if it's available for you, you may want to check out call metrics. Essentially, instead of your phone number, your ad shows a Google forwarding number, so we're able to see exactly which calls are coming from your business, what area code they're from, how long they lasted, etc. And you can actually set up call conversions with that so you can more easily see if the number on your ad is yielding a return.