AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

call extension tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

i am trying to set conversion tracking for call extension i followed URL

Get a telephone number and send it to a callback function. The example callback function will replace contents of an element with the ID "number" with the formatted forwarding number.

<head> 
  <script type="text/javascript">
    var callback = function(formatted_number, unformatted_number ) {
    // formatted_number: number to display, in same formatting as number
    //        passed to _googWcmGet(). e.g '1-800-444-5555' in this case
    // unformatted_number: number to display without any formatting. e.g.
    //        '18004445555' 
    var e = document.getElementById("number");
    e.innerHTML = ""
    e.appendChild(document.createTextNode(formatted_number));
    };
  </script>
</head>
<body onload="_googWcmGet(callback, '1-800-123-4567')">
  <span id="number">1-800-123-4567</span>
</body>

but its not working for me
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anup P
September 2015

Re: call extension tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anup,

I believe you want to track the calls generated from your website and want to display the same phone number as being displayed in your ad with Google forwarding number. 

You will have to insert 2 javascript codes to make it happen. One is the code you got from Tools>> Conversions and the second one is a code with the _googWcmGet function that replaces your phone number with a Google forwarding number.

I would suggest you to read the explanation given in the help center article in detail to get this done. Read this part especially:-

Call.png

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anup P
September 2015

Re: call extension tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anup,

I believe you want to track the calls generated from your website and want to display the same phone number as being displayed in your ad with Google forwarding number. 

You will have to insert 2 javascript codes to make it happen. One is the code you got from Tools>> Conversions and the second one is a code with the _googWcmGet function that replaces your phone number with a Google forwarding number.

I would suggest you to read the explanation given in the help center article in detail to get this done. Read this part especially:-

Call.png

Pankaj