AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

automaticly adding campaignname to URI

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

need something like this

utm_campaign={the actual name of the campaign inserted automatically]

is this possible with AdWords an how?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: automaticly adding campaignname to URI

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I think you can use {campaignid} as a ValueTrack parameter in your final URLs. In this case in GA you can create a custom filter that will rewrite for example "campaign" dimension to the value of {campaignid}. At the end "Campaing" will contain campaigns id. If you want to have campaigns name you can create second filter in GA that will rename campaignid value into Campaign name. I guess this method should work.

More info about ValueTrack parameters: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447#params

Hope this helpfull

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

For manual process, you can use the Google URL builder to generate the custom URLs and then Google Analytics will populate the data based on what parameters you passed on. Here you can find out how to use manual tagging to generate URLs and use it:- https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

However, in case you have lot of campaigns, then as per my understanding you might be able to achieve it using AdWords API: Here you can find out more about this and how to register for it: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375503?hl=en

I would also suggest you to go through AdWords scripts for more insights:- https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/reference/adwordsapp/adwordsapp_campaignselector

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

hi,

thnx, @ "you can create second filter in GA that will rename campaignid value into Campaign name. I guess this method should work."

would that return actual campaign name?

i need to send product and some other ID's (those are in the campaign names) to store backoffice, but need to bypass GA (am aware of ecommerce tracking options)

--

perhapse simply autotaging campaigns as proposed abowe and then pulling GA data into my store manager system?

it would probbably require analytics API to do that or ?

thnx!

a

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thnx,

i am thinking about the API sollution, have got an working API for reporting. however i think thids would rewrite destination urls and send ads to review ?

another sollution was proposed:

"I think you can use {campaignid} as a ValueTrack parameter in your final URLs. In this case in GA you can create a custom filter that will rewrite for example "campaign" dimension to the value of {campaignid}. At the end "Campaing" will contain campaigns id. If you want to have campaigns name you can create second filter in GA that will rename campaignid value into Campaign name. I guess this method should work.
"

could i get campaign name (which in my case holds key info about product advertised and strings of other id's) using this method :

" If you want to have campaigns name you can create second filter in GA that will rename campaignid value into Campaign name. I guess this method should work."

---

the best sollution would be if adwords coul automaticaly/dynamicaly insert the actual campaign's name into destination url's utm_campaign param.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thnx,

sorry i think this is the manual method and autotaging imports into GA, but i need to pass campaign name to my own system.

valuetrack seems promising, but not sure it would actually do the job (auto insert campaign name into utm_campaign or would it ?)