AdWords
1.1K members online now
1.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

are third party partners required to share your account number?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im working with yp ad solutions as our third party to manage our adwords campaign. They seem to bundle their reports with yahoo and bing, and dont provide very specific information. Would they be required to provide my account number for our adwords campaign so i can integrate it with google analytics?

thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: are third party partners required to share your account number?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
This is your account (!), and you are the owner of the account, and they should (unless agreed otherwise) follow your requests.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i dont believe we ever explicitly agreed on that, no. Unless they hid it inside there terms.

They have actually been really difficult to work with, releasing my ad campaign without properly informing me, saying they dont offer much tracking. I had to find my ad after doing a search in yahoo, and they had my title/description wrong, even tho i had given them specific instructions...

Also, the reports they offer merge data from yahoo/bing. Is that agains Googles third part terms?

thanks for your help

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi again;
If you are the owner of the account you can "unlink" it from their MCC and transfer it to another agency, or run the campaign yourself.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Franco, from your description, it sounds like your next action should be obvious - end your contract with these people!  As Moshe has said, if it's your Account, you should unlink them and then find a new agency that will offer you proper management and the reporting/relationship you require.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thats my problem, im unable to unlink my account since they were the ones who set everything up and never shared the account number with me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi cobnut, i would love to unlink it, but i dont have access to my account. Thats my original question was if Third Partys are required to share your account number, or if they are just required to provide monthly reports.

thanks for your feedback

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Franco, it sounds like they're running your Ads under their own Account - something I would never advise an agency to do or a client to allow for it can lead to precisely the problem you're facing now.

Unfortunately, if it's their Account, they own it and they would be under no obligation to share any information with you.

My best recommendation is that you stop paying these people immediately and seek another agency that will help you set up your own Account, under your email address, with your billing details, and then manage that for you in a more professional manner.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If you are only receiving reports, they could pay google for clicks a total that is much less than you are paying them. Are they one of those companies that offer a fixed number of clicks for a fixed fee ? Do you even have access to a google analytics account to see how many paid clicks your website receives ? This can have a different email than the adwords account .

If you have control over your account you can see exactly how much money goes to google and you can pay your consultant only a fixed percentage from that total advertising budget. This is a much better way of managing costs.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no, i wish. We pay them a fixed monthly fee of $1500, and they get us whatever amount of leads they can. For example, one day they got us over 100 clicks, and then one month they got us 0 clicks, and 100 calls, so our price per lead that month was $15.

I dont have access to google analytics, the only way im tracking them now is because i had them add a tracking variable at the end of our ads url (which they originally didnt want to do)