AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

are legacy call extension reports available?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are legacy call extension reports available these days?  I don't see call extension data prior to July 2013 in my Ad Extension tab.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: are legacy call extension reports available?

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Brookemarshall,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. Regarding your call extensions question, the reports should go back to when you first started using your call extensions on any specific Campaigns or Ad groups.

In order for me to troubleshoot your issue further, can you clarify some questions I have about how your viewing your call extensions reports? Please include as much details as possible.

• Have you verified that your reports are only showing after July 2013 for all Campaigns or Ad groups in your AdWords Account (including if you are using an MCC account)? Please check to see if this is occuring only on gthis specific Account/Campaign/Ad groups.

• Are you viewing the reports in just the Ad extensions tab of your AdWords Account? If yes, here's how you can review how many calls you've received for each ad group or campaign:
  1. On the Campaigns or Ad Groups tab on the Campaigns page, click the Segment button above the statistics table.
  2. Select Click Type to see which clicks resulted in visits to your website or phone calls.
  3. Use "Mobile clicks-to-call" to view how many clicks you received on the phone number in your ads.
  4. If you're using Google forwarding numbers, you can also choose to see additional statistics columns to find out how many calls were connected. Click the Columns button above the statistics table on the Campaigns or Ad Groups tab, select "Customize columns," and add columns from the "Call details" category.
  5. To see conversion data for your mobile call extensions using Google forwarding numbers, click the Columnsbutton above the statistics table on the Campaigns or Ad Groups tab, choose Customize columns, and add columns from the Conversions category. Because calls placed from desktop ads can’t be linked to clicks, they’re reported as estimated conversions in the "Total est. conv." column.
  • Remember that for mobile devices, a click to call is reported as soon as the customer clicks to call your phone number, regardless of whether or not the call is completed. You can find out more about call extensions from our Help page here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en