AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

anonymous.google?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know what "anonymous.google" is? Since I thought it was an anonymous site, I excluded it. However, upon it's exclusion, Adwords quickly zeroed out everything in an active campaign. Does anyone know why Adwords would do this, or what "anonymous.google" is? All information is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: anonymous.google?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nicholas,

Anonymous.Google is put in place for any publisher that chooses to remain anonymous. They should each have their own ID (2313.anonymous.google), so that you can see performance for each and you can exclude just one at a time if it isn't performing. That said, you should be able to exclude them all by doing exactly what you said and it shouldn't have had an effect on your other traffic.

When you say that it zeroed out everything, do you mean that it even stopped you from being placed on other public (non-anonymous) placements?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What I meant is that it zeroed out my entire campaign. It zeroed out impression, clicks, CTR, placements, everything. I'm scrambling together to figure out what exactly happened.

UPDATE: I think I realize what happened, and it was simply a misread of when the week starts in adwords. That's why it looked like data was lost, when no data was lost at all. That's a pleasant relief haha!Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Nicholas,

You should still be able to see historical data. Is it all still there? It can take a day or more for a Google to put together the placement report so it often won't work if you set your date range to "today" but you should still be able to see previous days of data.

Hopefully everything is good to go!