AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

analytics source: "search": percentage adwords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

hi,

in my analytics account 53% of traffic come through "search".

looking at the keywords, how can i determine what percentage came organically and how much was adwords traffic?

newby as you might be able to tell.

still greatly appreciate your input.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: analytics source: "search": percentage adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello floshkit,

This question is purely related to Google Analytics interface. However, I will try to address that in terms of analytics:

Go to Traffic Sources>> Search>> Overiew. Click on secondary dimension i.e. Keyword. On top, click on advanced segments and select paid search traffic. This will give you total visits related to paid search happened on your website. Similarly, select Non paid search traffic and this will give you details specific to non paid data.

For more details, you can re-post this question over Google Analytics Help Forumhttp://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: analytics source: "search": percentage adwords?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI floshkit

You can enable destination URL autotagging and this will allow you to see how much of your traffic comes from organic results compared to how much is coming from your ads. Please see the article below-

Autotagging

Benefits of autotagging

Using AdWords autotagging

If you don't want to enable auto tagging, you can manually tag the URL's with variables

Use manual tagging

Analytics URL builder

I hope this helps you, good luck! :-)

Kind regards