AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

am i layering keyword + topics or interests?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Curiouss
September 2015

Re: am i layering keyword + topics or interests?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If you click on the "Change Display Targeting" button on the left you'll be able to see how your display targeting is set up.

You'll see the following graphic on the right of the screen.

Display Targeting Methods

If you have multiple targeting methods selected the shadded area will be the criterea Google will use to pull your ads. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Curiouss
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If you click on the "Change Display Targeting" button on the left you'll be able to see how your display targeting is set up.

You'll see the following graphic on the right of the screen.

Display Targeting Methods

If you have multiple targeting methods selected the shadded area will be the criterea Google will use to pull your ads. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

welcome to community.

If you are using topic and keyword simultaneously then your ad will appear on all those websites under the TOPIC you have selected. Further it can modify at keyword theme level. IN this scenario ad will display on all website which fall under the Topic dumpster. After filtering websites based in this topic, adwords can further refine the same based on you keyword theme - Construction.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Foyzul

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

ok you guys are right i see its only displaying if they combo together.. just a question, is there a way to run interests AND keywords in the same Ad Group without them combining or i need two seperate ad groups in a campaign for keywords and interests display independently?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

When starting a campaign, it is always recommended to use different methods differently.

After running the campaign for 2-3 weeks, you will have enough data, reports to analyse and then you can combine two targeting methods based on their performance and your requirements.

Regards,

Foyzul