AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

all, unique, click and conversions

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

When setting up a new conversion one can choose to "count all conversions" or "count unique conversions".

But in the reporting interface, one can also choose either or both columns "conversions" and "converted clicks".

And those pretty much express the same functionality (count all/conversions VS unique conversions/converted clicks) and if you choose to configure your conversion to count "all" conversions, you still have the option too see both unique and all (conversions) using columns.

So I am thinking of why one would choose "count unique" for a conversion in the first hand?

Any good examples when that would be the best or even only viable option?

Thanks
David

Re: all, unique, click and conversions

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi David,

It's useful when you have multiple conversion actions, for example Let’s say you have two separate conversions in Adwords; a lead conversion and a sale conversion. A user clicked your ad and then submitted 1 lead and 2 Sales.

With the "All" setting – the Conversions column will show 3 conversions, because it marks every conversion that occurred.

With the "Unique" setting – the Conversions column will show only 2 conversions, because it counts only unique conversions.

The Converted Clicks column will show 1 converted click, because only one click occurred and led to all the conversions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I know how it works, that wasn´t my question.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Me replying above, but with the wrong account of some reason

/ David