AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

adwords V´s analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, can anyone explain why I pay for more clicks than I actually get visits?

Google Adwords V´s Google Analytics...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ali-B (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: adwords V´s analytics

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello rntnrt,

Both Adwords and analytics work on different algorithm. Adwords count the click where as analytics count the visits. For example, if some one click on your ad and then he bookmark the website, and after some time he again visit the website through bookmark and keep visiting the website, so one click can have 1-10 or more visits.

Please read the Why do AdWords and Analytics show different figures in my reports? article to understand why both show different data.

Dinesh
My Blog

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello zen-slim;

Please read the following help center article, that explains the difference between the two conversion tracking tools. (see at the bottom conversions vs. clicks)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I am having data discrepancies in my adwords & analytics for Paid campaigns.

Visits in my Analytics for Paid Advertising is higher very much HIGHER than clicks in my Adwords account, I am unable to understand this can someone please explain me what is the reason for this?

In Feb - Analytics shows 73k visits on my site through Google Paid advertising while for the same duration Adwords is showing 49k.

I have read many post and comments on this data discrepancy but all says Adwords clicks is always higher than Analytics Visits, but I am having this discrepancy other way round.

Your reply and help are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards

rnt nrt

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ali-B (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello rntnrt,

Both Adwords and analytics work on different algorithm. Adwords count the click where as analytics count the visits. For example, if some one click on your ad and then he bookmark the website, and after some time he again visit the website through bookmark and keep visiting the website, so one click can have 1-10 or more visits.

Please read the Why do AdWords and Analytics show different figures in my reports? article to understand why both show different data.

Dinesh
My Blog