AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

{adposition} value track outcome

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts,

I am using {adposition} value track to understand which position works better for my set of keywords. As per Adwords this value track parameter gives the following outcomes- 

1t1 (1st page, top, 1st position)

1s1 (1st page, side, 1st position)

But my concern is, apart from the above I also see 1o1 in my reports. I m not sure what this mean. It would be really helpful if somebody can explain it

my guess - does this indicates the top ads which shows up at the bottom of the page.

Regards

Noor

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: {adposition} value track outcome

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Noor
I believe you are right. I've seen this before. It's the top ad in the bottom slot of ads below the search results. I'm not 100% sure though as I cannot find a tech or help document confirming this (but there used to be one!). I think it's safe to assume that your assumption is correct though.

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Noor,
I'd like to dig into this for you, and any other customers who might have this same query. I'm going to reach out to you via email for further information.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Davis, Even I am looking for a document to confirm on my assumptions.

@ Kathleen, looking forward for your email, I hope you get the details.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Noor,
I've sent you an email a few days ago to the email address associated with your Community account. Please reply whenever you get a chance.

Kathleen

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Katheleen,

Unfortunately I have not recieved any email yet. Did you emailed me on this <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>, if not please specific the id so that I can relook at it.

Regards
Noor

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Noor,
Yes that was the email I sent it to. Can you check your spam filter? It was sent on June 20th from adwords-support@google.com.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen,

I got the email, thanks for guiding me on this. I have responded to the
email & look forward for the solution.

Regards
Noor

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi @Noor I,

Hopefully this is some clarification on this issue:
  • 1t1 stands for the 1st page, top ad, 1st ad.  
  • 1s1 stands for 1st page, side ad, 1st ad on the page.  
  • 1o1 stands for 1st page, bottom ad, 1st ad on the page.

In your case, where you saw 1o1 it indicates that it was the first ad on the first page, but was serving on the bottom of the page.  It wasn't a top ad because it was not serving on the top of the page, but it was the first ad on the page.

The o in the parameter simply designates that the ad was serving on the bottom, not the top or the side. 

I hope this helps.

Kathleen

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Thanks for the confirmation @KathleenG

Noor, looks like we were right. Great to have an official word on this. At least next time I wont have that 1 percent doubt.

O for bottom of the ocean.