AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

ad click tracking and charges

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

By midday my budget was used up, my CTR was double the avg. I tracked the IP, which clicked the ad seconds apart until my limit of 3 ad impression was met. I was charged for the ads, according to my stats program (comparing my stats to yours). I have since blocked the IP, but I thought your systems filtered these charges out. According to your information, you allow people to re-click ads a few times. That being the case, the option should exist where I can display numerous ads until someone clicks the ad, at which time the ad no longer shows to that person for the rest of the day or the rest of the week.

The only option you offer is limiting the # impressions. Since you can offer a limit on the # of impressions to an IP address, you should be able to offer the option to stop the impressions, for an IP, when an ad is clicked. Otherwise, I have to choose one impression per day, or continue to be charged for fake clicks, by competitors.

I understand that you hear concerns about ad click abuse, again and again, but still you offer no basic resolve for your customers, except for a secret sauce that is supposed to remove charges for invalid clicks, which clearly doesn't work to the satisfaction of the advertiser.

I would simply like to limit the impressions, proactively, to people who have clicked the ad. That way, I can run full speed, knowing I can limit impressions, to people who have clicked the ad, so they see it maybe every three or four days. Otherwise, the audience can get immune to the ad, abuse the ad or get pissed off by the ad for too many impression on their screen, at which time they just click the ad for dirt.

Re: ad click tracking and charges

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi AJ,

There is a solution available to you. Remarketing list for search ads (RLSA). You can put the remarketing tag on your site and then set up an Audience using all visitors and set the list length to your desired number of days.

You then ad this list as a negative audience to your campaigns. That way anyone on this list will not be able to see your ad for the allotted period of time.

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton - Thanks for the response. I am using display ads that target by age and location. it's a small population, relatively speaking, 35k. I tried following your instructions for search ads, but wasn't able to follow it for display ads. Is there an option for display ads that use the targeting mentioned above? Thanks for your help. AJ

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi AJ,

This option is available for the display network as well.

Select the display campaign, then go to the display network tab and there select the big red + targeting button. Scroll to the bottom and there will be a drop down for campaign exclusions. Select interest & remarketing from that list. You then need to select the category of remarketing list in the box that opens up beneath where you made the previous selection. You then choose which audience to add and save changes.

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton - Thanks for your help.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
No problem, Glad I could help!