AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

account level quality score fluctuation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know keyword level QS fluctuate often. What about account level QS? Does it tend to fluctuate on a daily basis even when there hasn't been anything major performed on the account? If so how much does it fluctuate? Reason I'm asking is I paused a bunch of QS<=2 keywords yesterday and today's QS is about 0.08 higher. I'm not sure if the pausing of the low QS keywords improved the overall QS of the account, or it's just a normal fluctuation.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: account level quality score fluctuation

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jeenyfm,

I am positive that pausing the keywords with a QS of 2 helped improve the QS for your account. Take into account that there are 3 things that make-up QS:

1. Click-through-rate - How was the CTR for the keywords you paused? I am assuming low
2. Ad relevance - What is the CTR of your ads? Make sure to constantly test ads, delete ones that aren't working and pause ones that are don't have high CTR.
3. Landing page experience - If you have your account set-up on Google Analytics, check your bounce rate. Are people staying on your site after they land on the landing page? You may want to make changes to your landing page as far as verbage, photo's etc.

Also take into account that historical account metrics play a part in your QS. So it may take time to improve your QS. Nice to hear that you paused poor performing keywords. You make want to look into longer tail keywords for the ones you pause ei. dentist - try "family dentist in miami"

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you still have any unanswered questions.

Best,

Stefan Martinez
Best,

Stefan Martinez
-- Not an AdWords expert, just a student eager to learn more...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi jennyfm, how are you measuring "Account level QS"?

I do this through a script but knowing how you measure it will allow us to give a better answer.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This recent article by Google  sheds some light on "account level" contribution to QS. (e.g fluctuations in QS; ads' performances...)

Uncovering Quality Score;

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Uncovering-Quality-Score/m-p/198430/highligh...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’