AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Zero "clicks" yet it's showing "converted clicks"???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Something strange is going on here... I already have seen discrepancies between Analytics and Adwords where I see "goal completions" not registering on adwords at all ...but I wrote that off as just a "delay in reporting" - perhaps they would show up later. But now... it's more odd, I literally have one very low volume Adgroup that rarely gets any clicks..and today it showed a conversion, but actually still shows 0, yes "zero", clicks on that keyword. No it hasn't reset, that keyword on that adgroup is new, and that adgroup sees VERY low volume...But how in the world is there a conversion without a click!?!

Re: Zero "clicks" yet it's showing "converted clicks&qu

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Double check your Adwords Conversion goals that they are pulling in the "RIGHT" things from Analytics you want as a conversion goal. Also since goal conversions have a 30 day cookie, a click from 29 days ago can "Convert".

I had an Adwords Conversion in Analytics for a Paused Account, an actual Sale transaction. So that instance is not un-heard of.

Just make sure that your Conversion that you are pulling in are your true conversion events. ( either analytics true goals or adwords Pages from conversion tracking scripts)

Re: Zero "clicks" yet it's showing "converted clicks&qu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have it set in adwords to "when they get to said page" add a conversion... and I have analytics set to, when they click the link that leads them to that page, add a conversion... sooo... they should be the same, unless literally they click the link and then the internet stops loading the page in between. My goal is a "lead" rather than a sale, so this works for me.... But the main issue that my post was about, was simple that Adwords "clicks" and "converted clicks" don't agree... Meaning adwords only. LIke Adwords is telling me that "noone clicked on the ad." ... yet somehow "a converted click happened for the day there was no clicks"...strangest thing ever...