AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube revenue via Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If a video is monetised on Youtube, and that video is promoted with Adwords, do clicks on the video attract revenue?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Geoff H
September 2015

Re: Youtube revenue via Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Geoff, yes, monetised YouTube Ads will attract revenue from AdWords visitors - there's no "automatic" system for preventing income via an AdWords click.

However, the same rules apply as do to any site running AdSense, that the primary purpose of the site/YT video should not be merely to serve Ads.  It would be a breach of the AdWords Policies if you uploaded a video to YouTube purely for the purpose of making money via its monetisation and used AdWords to promote it.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Geoff H
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Geoff, yes, monetised YouTube Ads will attract revenue from AdWords visitors - there's no "automatic" system for preventing income via an AdWords click.

However, the same rules apply as do to any site running AdSense, that the primary purpose of the site/YT video should not be merely to serve Ads.  It would be a breach of the AdWords Policies if you uploaded a video to YouTube purely for the purpose of making money via its monetisation and used AdWords to promote it.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for your reply.

The video that I promoted is for general interest and educational, and in no way was "Adworded" to make money. I had monetised it well before promoting.

Once again, thank you so much for your reply and advice.