AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube clicks in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey

I have been running multiple Video Campaigns on Youtube the last couple of months. Resulting in 1.132 clicks. In Google Analytics I can only register 6 sessions and they are all referrals.

I have tagged the in-stream destination-url like this: 

website.com?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=video&utm_campaign=mere_end_kaerlighed

Obviously something is missing somewhere? I would appreciate any hints, help and ideas!

Best regards,

Magnus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Magnus S
September 2015

Re: Youtube clicks in Google Analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Magnus,

My guess is that you are not looking at right report.

To see the traffic from the campaings you have taged using utm parameters. Go to Acquistion > Campaings there you will be able to see your campaign “mere end kaerlighted”

(Although there is still change of description between clicks and sessions around 5%)

Cheers,
Nouman

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Magnus S
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Magnus,

My guess is that you are not looking at right report.

To see the traffic from the campaings you have taged using utm parameters. Go to Acquistion > Campaings there you will be able to see your campaign “mere end kaerlighted”

(Although there is still change of description between clicks and sessions around 5%)

Cheers,
Nouman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
True, that.

I wasn't looking in the right place.

There were however only 230 cliks, but it beats zero.. Which still seem like a big discrepancy.

If you have any theories about this, I would be happy to hear them.

In any case thanks for your help and quick reply, Nouman.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems you must use auto-tagging to see correct data in google analytics for video campaigns. See here

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3517822?hl=en

"For accurate data in Google Analytics, you must use auto-tagging with your TrueView video ad campaigns. Manually tagged (custom) campaigns cannot be displayed in the Video Campaigns report."

"Additionally, in the Video Campaigns report, you may notice a bigger difference between Website Clicks (non-billable events) and Sessions than you see in other AdWords reports.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Magnus,

The link Adrian provide is very useful for you just go through it.

For most accurate data you must enable auto-tagging. (I though you already had done. But in case you don’t then you should do it right away.) Once you are done then you will be able to see more data in Video Campaigns report (You can access this report through Acquistion > Adwords > Video Campaigns)

Cheers,
Nouman