AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube ad statistics don't match video stats

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I've just set up a Youtube ad campaign for a client. I've linked the client's Youtube account to my business account. However when viewing the ad stats for today I see my video has apparently been watched over 300 times, yet when logging into my client's Youtube account and looking at Analytics it only shows that the video has been viewed 15 times.

Clearly these two statistics don't seem to add up. It's making the ads fairly useless when I've apparently spent a decent amount on views today yet when viewing the stats in my client's Youtube analytics I can't get any kind of information about these views. I've also apparently had 4 website clicks but checking my analytics it shows absolutely no referral traffic from Youtube.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Youtube ad statistics don't match video stats

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi James,

Thanks for posting. There's at least a 48 hour delay in data being populated in your Analytics account from the time the activity occurred, which is likely to be affecting this situation. Leaving a few days to check the activity for that time period is usually necessary as this allows all the reporting to be fully updated.

Hope this helps!

A.