AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube Ads Not Showing "Website Click" Stats

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a YouTube ad a week ago. We have a small budget, and have had 150 views. I created a call-to-action for the video that links through to our related website. The "Website Clicks" stat in AdWords shows 0 clicks for the life of the campaign/ad.

So today I went to YouTube, typed a search term I thought would trigger the ad (and it did!), clicked my ad, then clicked the call-to-action link taking me to our web page. It has been about 3 hours and still the Website Clicks stats shows 0 (I changed the date range to include today!).

Any ideas why this stat isn't tracking? The page it refers to has Google Analytics code, though I'm not sure how that would make a difference on this. My only other thought was to add UTM code to the link (which I should do anyway) to get accurate tracking in Google Analytics on this, but would rather have this tracked properly in the AdWords campaign.

The video is here if that helps: http://youtu.be/7ZXXE40VR0I

Thanks for helping!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: YouTube Ads Not Showing "Website Click" Stats

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

CMCadmin,

You will need to give the clicks 24 hours to register in the UI.  Did that click you performed Tuesday show up yet? 

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Re: YouTube Ads Not Showing "Website Click" Stats

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply Kim! Unfortunately my website click stat for the video is still showing 0. I did finally add UTM code to the link in the call-to-action overlay, so I can at least track it that way. I am seeing some stats for the UTM in my Analytics account, so viewers are clicking through. But would still be nice to have website click throughs tracked in AdWords for my YouTube ads!