AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong Average Monthly Searches in Keyword Planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I have been working in the Keyword Planner today and noticed a large discrepency between the Avg Monthly Searches while in the Keyword Planner and after the file has been downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet. 
Example: The keyword i'm searching is "Call Recording" in Calgary, Alberta (Language: English) In the Planner it has the results of 10 avg monthly searches. However after it's been downloaded in Excel, it has the avg monthly searches of 3600. I honestly have no idea as to why it's giving such a large discrepency. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Wrong Average Monthly Searches in Keyword Planner

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Taylor,
As this question has been asked hundreds of times already, I'll refer you to one of the threads discussing this in detail: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/keyword-planner/m-p/284617/highlight/true#M1...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately Dave, that thread does not resolve the OP's issue, and many users are seeing the same thing. 10 avg. monthly searches for high volume search terms in highly populated locations. Can you explain it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It doesn't? Are you working with the OP? Did he/she tell you that it didn't resolve the issue? Not that it's an issue to be resolved Smiley Happy
It was marked as resolved.

The answer to the question is here

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3022575?hl=en

Please pay particular attention to the "Note" section and final sections.

Hope that helps.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, wondering if anyone has an answer about Ave. monthly search and Breakdown by location's Ave. monthly search difference/gap in some Exact match keywords. For example if you searched "real time" , ave. monthly search is 300k a month but when you do breakdown by location it's 3.6 million ave monthly search. How is that possible?