AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

With the removal of Converted Clicks, what happens to the "getConversions" call

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone. I have one script running that uses the getConversions() call. Since 2014, Google deprecated this functionality and getConversions started to look at the converted clicks data. While this isn't ideal for me, I kept the scripts running. With the recent news of Google fading out the converted clicks metric in September 2016, what will happen to the original "getConversions" call? Will it get reinstated and will it look at the actual conversions column? Or will it stop working completely? If it stops working, could you please suggest how I could get my script to return the proper conversions count.

Thank you very much.
Rafael

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rafael V
August 2016

Re: With the removal of Converted Clicks, what happens to the "getConversions" call

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rafael V the .getConversions() appears to have been resurrected!  Although the API docs still show it as deprecated:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/reference/adwordsapp/adwordsapp_stats

I've tested .getConversions() and it seems to work fine.  When you change your script is up to you - it might be worth waiting until there's an official announcement of what's happening with the API (and they update the above page).  I'll also try and get some confirmation.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: With the removal of Converted Clicks, what happens to the "getConversions" call

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon, thanks for your response. If they really ressurrect the .getConversions() then this is brilliant news! Please do come back if you hear anything before the official announcement. I will try re-running the scripts today to see if they will look at Conversions or Converted Clicks.
Thanks again
Rafael

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Rafael V well, that didn't take long - I should have searched before I replied!  See this thread over in the Scripts Group:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/adwords-scripts/-KCE4oDJG7Q/discussion

So, it looks like right now you can use either getConvertedClicks() or getConversions() and both are returning converted click data.

At some point in the future, getConvertedClicks() will be deprecated, .getConversions() resurrected and the data will then be conversions.

Since .getConversions() works now, personally I'd change any script now to use this, but it's up to you.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits