AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Will call extensions work for a Google forwarding # for a forwarding #

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will call extensions work if I use a Google forwarding for a forwarding number. So in theory there will be two relays before my phone rings.

I need both numbers to track. Our clients do a lot of off line marketing so it will be nice to consolidate the adwords data with our other Call tracking platform.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Will call extensions work for a Google forwarding # for a forwardi

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Michael,

It should work however, any after call stats such as length of call, if the call was answered, etc may not be tracked because it would go to your second number.

If you need those stats be sure that your second forwarding number is capable of managing that for you. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Why couldn't you use call extensions without using Google forwarding number? Simply use one of the numbers you can track and have the single relay - you can't then track the calls directly in AdWords but you can track it in your call tracking software and pass those calls back as conversions - the call tracking would trigger a goal in Analytics - or an event - which you can track as a goal - and then import back into AdWords if the source is AdWords... would that work?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes that is the way we currently have it set up.

The reason I ask the question is because we do not have our reporting consolidated, therefore, our adwords reports won't show the whole picture.

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Shanea!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well I am turning it on. And will have data soon to make sure everything is tracking properly. Thanks.