AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Will CPA conversion track visits not from clicking on ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have installed CPA conversion tracking code on a 'thank you' page which shows after the customers convert.

Since the 'thank you' page has some additional functions, the customers also receive an email with link to this page.

If the customer land on this 'thank you' page, then click on the link within the email to access this page again, would that lead to double counting on the conversion clicks? Say 50 people convert and land on this page, then 30 of them also visit this page from their email, would Adwords count falsely that 80 people convert?

Thanks so much,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Will CPA conversion track visits not from clicking on ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, Adwords will only consider first 50 conversions that directly converted from the landing page.

CPA conversions track visits only when a user click on your ad and complete an action such as signup.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Raph,

There are two types of conversions in Google Adwords.

Conversions (1-per-click)

Conversions (1-per-click) count a conversion for every AdWords ad click resulting in a conversion within 30 days. This means if more than one conversion happens following a single ad click, conversions after the first will not count.

Conversions (many-per-click)

Conversions (many-per-click) count a conversion every time that a conversion is made within 30 days following an AdWords ad click. Conversions (many-per-click) will count multiple conversions per click.

In your above example there will be 50 conversions (1-per-click) and 80 conversions (many-per).

Thanks,
Nouman

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ralph L,

Personally, I think it's a mistake to include a link back to the thank you page in the email message. I'd pick another page, or create one just for this purpose.

This would be similar to bookmarking the thank you page and returning using that bookmark. Google says that will not result in double counting the conversion in AdWords.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords