AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why my thank-you page url is showing in landing page list?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

When I check Adwords performance through Analytics account, I notice that my thank-page url is showing in my goal conversion landing page list, while I never used my thank-you url with any ad copy as a destination.   

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why my thank-you page url is showing in landing page list?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It doesn't have to be a destination URL if the goal rule is "Visitors who reached URL : .../thank_you.htm " all visitors who reach that page are recorded in the Goal completion table.

The first point of entrance to your website from paid campaigns is the destination URL but from that entry point to the thank you page they can browser various pages.

Is that window where you are looking really called "Goal conversion landing page list" or does any column from that report have the words "landing page" on them ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks,

I agree with you, but when I mentioned separate destination url for my ad copy then why my thank you page url is in landing page list of my campaign.

Or you want to say that when a user click on my ad and land on my page and surf others page too then all page surfed by user will come under landing page list?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

When you write "my thank-page url is showing in my goal conversion landing page list"

Where exactly are you navigating in the Google Analytics, can you describe the steps that take you to this page list or bring up a full-window printscreen where you blur confidential data like values or such ?

For example are you navigating to "Conversion / Goals / Goals URL or / Reverse Goal Path " ?

conversion-url.png

Or are you looking at the "Destination URL report" from Traffic sources / Advertising / Adwords " ?

adwords-destination-url.png

I am asking this because I do not know of any report entitled exactly "goal conversion landing page list"

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
When I see Google analytic account associate with my Adwords account,
Site Content -> Landing Page
then here I see my thank-page url multiple time for a particular time frame. That is my confusion.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh I see, that report is not about what "Destination URL" you have setup in your Ads nor it is about what Goal URL you have setup in the Goal tracking. That is just a general list with all the pages visited by every visitors ( organic or paid). It is useful in many ways, one being to see which is the most visited page, other being to see what page has a high bounce rate and improve it.

landing-page.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks,

In my account I have 19 visits for particular time frame, and all are from CPC. What it means?

Visitors who came through my ad also visited my thank-you page during the session?

https://plus.google.com/photos/yourphotos?pid=5909335258458406498&oid=100394854966799843114

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot see your photo, you can upload it in the Full Editor of your message, just click on the green tree, that is the button for uploading pictures or use a link from an external service like this one http://www.prntscr.com/

For an analysis of the path that visitors took to a Goal URL page, I would use the "Reverse Goal URL path" report, select from "Advanced segments" = Paid Search and Select from the "All Goals" button only "Goal 1= Thank you page"

how-to-insert-picture.png

reverse-goal-path.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pushpendra
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
What these could be are visitors with Javascript enabled but with Google cookies blocked. If the cookie is blocked, each page visited would be counted as a landing page.

It could also be a visitor returning to the thank you page with a bookmark, but that is a bit unusual.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If you compare goal completions on the thank you page with the landing page report visits, how many are goal completions and how many visits are there with the thank you as a landing page for the same time-frame ?