AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why is auto tagging corrupting our landing page?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We want to utilize auto tagging, but when it is on, a string of code is added to the url and for some reason our landing page doesn't load completely.  Is this a webmaster issue?  I have heard that we can disable or bypass this problem with our own code...?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is auto tagging corrupting our landing page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Joe,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

It means your web server is not handling the random characters properly in URL and it is misinterpreting it. You should contact your web developer/server-administrator. There can be easy fix for the same. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Joe,

The random string of characters that is getting added to your URL is the GCLID that is generated on an ad click. Normally, web servers are equipped with handling this id being added to url's but for some reason your web server is not picking this up.

As Ratan suggested, you should probably get in touch with web developer to check if you can ensure that the addition of GCLID does not affect your landing page URL and that the page loads correctly.

Also, you can read up on GCLID here: http://www.wordstream.com/gclid

& here is an article that can help you understand the exact nature of your issue: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2938246

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ratan and Shashank!

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Glad we could help you out Joe!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"