AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why is an ad "all conversions" bigger than "clicks"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm running an in-stream campaign, and defines 3 conversions for it all on my website, for a sale, newsletter subscription and visit to the website. I made sure the newsletter subscription and visit to the website conversions are counted only once.

in my ads I see a result I can't explain- when the "all conversions" is bigger than the "clicks", e.g: an ad with 0 in the clicks column and 2 in the all conversions column.

Can someone explain how can that be? is there something I need to change?

Thank you!

Maya

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maya,

One possibility is that the click occurred on a different day to the conversions. If you look at all time it should match up. 

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Also, and consistent with Rob -- (I had trouble with this concept at first) -- because of the way click attributions work you can have clicks that occurred days or even weeks ago, that lead to conversion when the site visitor returns to your website or landing page.  

Conversions are "backswept" so that they occur on the day the conversions occur, so you could even have multiple conversions on a given day when there were no "clicks". 

The timeframe for conversions being counted is setup when you configure the conversion code, or within Google analytics. 

hth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the replies! This campaign started only a few days ago, and I am looking at the entire period and still seeing those kind of results, where "all conversion" > "clicks". Does that make sense?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Having one or more conversions from an ad that had no clicks should be impossible. Sometimes data can be slow to arrive though, so perhaps give it another day. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, that was a red flag for me, it's going on like this for a couple of days now

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob !
 I have, I started to handle a campaign which was paused for last one month, and when I started this, this campaign gave me 1 click 18 impressions and 3.5 conversions, while campaign was paused from the day one before.