AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why google is charging me more than my max cpc?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In adwords, my Max CPC is Rs, 1.00 but google is charging Rs. 1.91, how is it possible? In some, they are even charging more than Rs. 4.00. As far as i know, they should either charge the same amount or below but not beyond the max cpc? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Why google is charging me more than my max cpc?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi hyderali,

Welcome to the forum. Smiley Happy

Please look in to keywords tab. you must be having bids more then Rs. 1.00 for keywords. You adgroup default bid must be Rs. 1.00 but when you will look into keywords tab, you will see higher bids for keywords. This is the reason you seeing this difference.

If this is not the case please let us know!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello hyderali,

In addition to what Neha said above, there could be few more reasons:-

Like you are using bid multipliers during particular hour of the day. So in that case also, the average CPC could exceed than the max CPC which you have applied. Read more in this reference.

Enhanced CPC : If you have applied these settings in your campaign, Adwords could raise max CPC bid up to 30% to compete during ad auction. You can refer to this article for details.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Neha,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I checked my adgroup bid is 1.00 & my keyword bid is also 1.00 than also google is charging me more than that.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author hyderali
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

pankaj1782 wrote:

Hello hyderali,

In addition to what Neha said above, there could be few more reasons:-

Like you are using bid multipliers during particular hour of the day. So in that case also, the average CPC could exceed than the max CPC which you have applied. Read more in this reference.

Enhanced CPC : If you have applied these settings in your campaign, Adwords could raise max CPC bid up to 30% to compete during ad auction. You can refer to this article for details.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Hey Pankaj,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I enabled the Enhance Cost Per Click (ECPC) to get maximum conversion rather than traffic. I think that is why google is increasing my bid to get maximum clicks. Here what they say

"Because ECPC will increase your max CPC bid by up to 30 percent when it sees a good opportunity, don't be surprised if your AdWords report shows average CPCs that are over your max CPC."

Thanks for the link Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

This is true, when you use enhance CPC, adwords system can raise or lower your cpc to get most of the valuable clicks.

Why google is charging me more than my max cpc?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha

I have not enabled ECPC and my bids for keywords are not higher, still google is charging me more? What could be the possible reason?