AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why does the number of "clicks" on my website is continually fluctuate? How do I lose clicks?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My dashboard reports I have 50 clicks on my website from my Google Adwords Ad and then it will decrease to 44 and then slowly increase back to 46 and then 47 and then eventually 50... all in a day. How can this be? I am billed on clicks, so how is this reliable?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Why does the number of "clicks" on my website is continually fluctuate? How do I lose clicks?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kellie

Click and impression data shouldn't be considered final for at least a few days. At the bottom of the screen you'll see a notice that stats may be delayed 24 hours. Clicks can even be delayed 30 days. Conversion data can be delayed even longer. 

There's also the issue of invalid clicks: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/42995?hl=en

Google is likely adjusting the clicks based on data it has. You can add the "invalid clicks" column to your view to see how many Google has detected. 

Hope that's given you some insight. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kellie,

Data freshness is the key here and you should read this article also for more insights on how AdWords actually calculates data on daily basis and what are the lags:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2544985?hl=en 

Also considering your billing, sometimes you might be charged 20% more than your daily budget, which is called overdelivery. But when the month completes, AdWords ensures that your total costing is not beyond the permissible limits.

I hope this helps!

Pankaj 

Re: Why does the number of "clicks" on my website is continually fluctuate? How do

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Dave!  Very helpful.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj.  Thank you for the help and article!  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.