AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why does my Analytics show paid keyword visits from 45to54?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why does my Analytics show paid keyword visits from keywords like:

45to54
35to44

I am quite worried as it seems to be about one quarter of all paid traffic data in Analytics.

Thank you.

Rob

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why does my Analytics show paid keyword visits from 45to54?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi - I'm not sure I understand the question - but if you are asking about a discrepancy between the clicks from AdWords and the AdWords visits in Analytics there are a number of reasons they can differ... usually with more clicks coming from AdWords than visits in Analytics...

1. some of the landing pages don't have the analytics tracking code installed.

2. the visitors left the page (hit the back button, for example) before the Analytics code executed.

3. the destination url is incorrect and the visitors are going somewhere else...

4. there is a 3-4 hour delay in reporting on Analytics - so look back a few days for a set period and check if the discrepancy "works itself out"

Check the "Clicks" in Analytics - if these are close to the adwords numbers (they are unlikely to be exact) then it's a tracking issue.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi RobotHuftron,

Are you running a demographic targeted display campaign? Those look like age groupings to me. I don't know for certain they would show up that way in Analytics, but it's a thought.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
For the sake of this discussion, I just enabled the demographic targeting on my paid campaigns and these same keywords started showing in my analytics as well. I'm a little confused why they're labeled as a keyword source, but I'm assuming for myself that Pete is correct- it's from the paid demo target. Hope that's helpful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear @RobotHuftron

Analytics Shows less number of AdWOrds visits if :

1. Auto Tagging not Enabled in AdWords.
  2. AdWords & Analytics are not Linked
  3. Make sure that GA code is present in Landing pages too.

Thanks !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do you have both auto-tagging & manual tagging?