AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why do my ads not show an equal amount of impressions?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Starting last week, I create some new ads for my ad groups hoping to test and find the better ad.  Some ads have 80 impressions, some have 8 impressions and another has 20. I would expect for the impressions to be equally shared so that I can collect the data that I need faster. 

Is there some setting that I am missing? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dustin_S
September 2015

Re: Why do my ads not show an equal amount of impressions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi oneano, almost certainly Smiley Happy

By default, new campaigns are set to show ads to "Optimise for Clicks".  What you want is to "Rotate".  You'll find this setting in your Campaign Settings under "Advanced Settings".

There's a thorough article on the subject HERE.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by petebardo (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I was certain that I had already made these changes!!! I guess that I didnt on this account, thanks! 

I just learned to never assume that I have made any adjustments to the settings Smiley Very Happy 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No problem!  There are some areas of the Adwords settings that need a click on a "Save" button, I can't recall if this area is one of them.  The worst is the Ad Scheduling module where it's dead easy to spend half-an-hour changing all the settings then lose it all when you don't hit save...

J

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits