AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why do I see an AdWords campaign under a property that has a different url

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I set up a new web property (Yulya123.com) in Google Analytics and linked it with my AdWords Account. So far so good. Although I didn't start my AdWords campaign for the respective web property Yulya123.com yet, under Acquisition >> AdWords in Google Analytics I see data of a campaign that is currently running. This campaign has a different URL and I don't understand why it's showing up under the view of my new property.  Does it mean that Google Analytics will show me all currently running AdWords campaigns under every web property? Maybe this campaign wasn't assigned to the right view in Google Analytics. Who has experienced the same problem?

Thanks,

Yulya

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Yulya

Make a double check if you connected your AdWords account with correct view in GA.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lukasz,

I have one AdWords account and several properties each 3 views. I linked my desired property and its 3 views with my only one AdWords account. I don't understand why I see data there already if I didn't run any campaign yet. The campaign that is showing up under Adwords in Google Analytics has a different URL. What did I do wrong? Any advice? 

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Any AdWords campaign linked to an analytics property will report the AdWords data into all the properties in that account. At some point, someone has linked another AdWords account to some property in that account. If you view the property at the AdWords level, you should see AdWords front end data like clicks, but zero sessions. Due to the fact that the ads are landing on another URL/property than the one you are viewing. If you have access to all the properties, then look through them and see which one is tracking both front and back end data, then you know which site/property has an active AdWords account.

As a general rule - One business, one analytics account, one AdWords account. If not, then you can get one businesses data coming through the analytics reports for another business - Depending on which level of the analytics property you are viewing.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, this is interesting! You are right, in some views I see only front end data but in two views I see another "not set" under the campaign and see the back end data, not in the campaign row tho. Something seems to go wrong. And I don't care if that's something from the past, it doesn't matter. I just hope that my new campaign which I linked to my new property will record data properly, front end and back end without adding "not set". Any other advice on that? Thanks so much! Yulya