AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why do I get unescapedlpurl in Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I get {unescapedlpurl} as Destination URL for a lot of my Adwords traffic. Why?

I run some PLA. Does this mean that my PLA doesnt work?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why do I get unescapedlpurl in Google Analytics?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your question. The {unescapedlpurl} is the way you can dynamically track your PLAs. You don't have to update the "adwords redirect" attribute in your product feeds when you make changes to your tracking parameters. With dynamic tracking URLs, you'll be able to add tracking parameters to your product target destination URL or your campaign destination URL.

We recommend that you use the {lpurlpath} or {unescapedlpurl} ValueTrack parameters in your URL template. These parameters will bring in the URL that you inserted in your "adwords redirect" attribute in your product feeds for you to use in your dynamic tracking URL template.

Here is more info about Dynamic tracking for PLAs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So it is not possible to get the actual destination URL in Google Analytics for PLA ads then? Visitors from PLA will always show up as {unescapedlpurl} in Google Analytics or?

Is there a way to get the correct Destination Url for PLA in Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same problem here, solved? I use Google Analytics to track the target URL, but, just see {unescapedlpurl} :/