AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why are all my remarketing clicks coming from only one display ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running a remarketing ad campaign.  I started the campaign about a week ago with 12 different display ads but all my clicks are coming from only 1 ad.  Is something wrong or is this normal? My ad delivery is Rotate evenly: Show ads more evenly for at least 90 days, then optimize.

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anthony B
September 2015

Re: Why are all my remarketing clicks coming from only one display ad?

ANP Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
ANP Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Anthony,

It doesn't seem like things are way off; all ads ARE serving and one sounds like it is being shown more than the rest (likely due to Ecpc). As there are a bunch of conditions that may be causing this disparity (some ads may have taken longer to be approved, for example) and its only been on for a week, I would let it run for another week and just keep my eye on it.

ANP

View solution in original post

ANP Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
ANP Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Anthony,

There are a couple of reasons that this might be happening. One hunch is that, even with your ad delivery set to rotate evenly, if you are using Conversion Optimizer or Ecpc, it will effectively override this and begin to optimize based on performance. As a test, I would glance at the % served column so see if that one ad is being shown more frequently.

ANP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks ANP.

I do have Ecpc enabled. Out of my 12 ads the one ad that has all the clicks has about 62% served and the remaining 11 ads have between 1% - 7% served. So what you are saying is essentially everything is fine and the system is optimizing normally? Or should I make any adjustments?

Anthony
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anthony B
September 2015

ANP Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
ANP Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Anthony,

It doesn't seem like things are way off; all ads ARE serving and one sounds like it is being shown more than the rest (likely due to Ecpc). As there are a bunch of conditions that may be causing this disparity (some ads may have taken longer to be approved, for example) and its only been on for a week, I would let it run for another week and just keep my eye on it.

ANP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much