AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why all conversions are not imported from analytics at the same time ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 websites which are from the same brand. They each have their own URL and own analytics account.

I have created one adwords account for both websites, each one has one campaign on that same adword account.

I have recently tried to import analytics goals of both websites to the adwords account. After 2 days, 2 conversions show up for import on adwords (one from website 1 and one from website 2). The next day, another 2 conversions showed up.

However, more than 1 week has passed now and the remaining conversions never showed up (I had 4 conversions for each websites).

Knowing that it can take up to 2 weeks for conversions to show up for import, is that normal, that all 8 conversions did not show up at the same time ?

Thanks for your help!

Celine

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cel_K
September 2015

Re: Why all conversions are not imported from analytics at the same time ?

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Celine, 

Before you are able to import a goal set up in Analytics, there are a few things that need to happen first. You can read more about it here in this Help Center article

Essentially, there are four things that need to happen first before a goal is eligible for import - 

• Your Analytics and AdWords accounts are linked.
  • You've opted into data sharing in your Analytics account.
  • You've enabled auto-tagging in your AdWords account.
  • On a per-type basis, your Analytics goal or transaction has received active traffic from an AdWords ad at some point.

Without knowing anything else about your AdWords & Analytics account, my suspicion is that the goals that you are not yet seeing eligible for importing may not have a goal completed from AdWords traffic yet (especially since you have already had other goals eligible for importing which typically means that the first three conditions are already satisfied). 

I hope this helps!

- Tiffany

P.S. 

To clarify previous statements on this thread, it is now possible to link multiple AdWords accounts to one Analytics account!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cel_K,

While I cannot tell you exactly why the situation you find yourself in is occurring, I thought I would share with you this article that covers a bit about Adwords vs. Analytics reporting.  There are many known discrepancies.

Here are some other resources you may find interesting as well:

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1034383

http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=173181

http://support.google.com/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=63917

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Celine,

I'm not sure, but I don't think that is going to work out for you. You can only link one Analytics account to your AdWords account. You were able to import goals from an account that wasn't linked? How did you do that?

It seems the goals imported from the linked account should work fine. Goals imported from the other account might not work.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom for your help! I will have a look to those links!

Celine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

I must precise that the two analytics account are also linked. It is like one analytics account with 2 subdomains. Therefore I have one UA code that I linked to adwords.

I already have 2 conversions from each website that have been imported (4 in all). There is another 2 conversions missing for each website.

Is there a limit to import conversions ? (considering that I have 4 old conversions that I have deleted and which are still there as google never delete them completely).

Thanks for your help!

Celine

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Celine,

Oh, I was wondering how you did that!

I don't know of any limit to the number of conversions you can import and report.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cel_K
September 2015

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Celine, 

Before you are able to import a goal set up in Analytics, there are a few things that need to happen first. You can read more about it here in this Help Center article

Essentially, there are four things that need to happen first before a goal is eligible for import - 

• Your Analytics and AdWords accounts are linked.
  • You've opted into data sharing in your Analytics account.
  • You've enabled auto-tagging in your AdWords account.
  • On a per-type basis, your Analytics goal or transaction has received active traffic from an AdWords ad at some point.

Without knowing anything else about your AdWords & Analytics account, my suspicion is that the goals that you are not yet seeing eligible for importing may not have a goal completed from AdWords traffic yet (especially since you have already had other goals eligible for importing which typically means that the first three conditions are already satisfied). 

I hope this helps!

- Tiffany

P.S. 

To clarify previous statements on this thread, it is now possible to link multiple AdWords accounts to one Analytics account!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tiffany!

Thanks a lot for your answer, I think this is exactly what is happening.

I have checked the the goal flow on analytics and in fact the goals which are still not available for import have not yet generates conversions from paid ads (except one which has 1 only, but maybe this is not enough).

I hope I will soon have some new conversions that will complete all the imports.

Thanks,

Celine

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 9
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Keep us posted, Cel_K.
Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zee,

One more conversion has been imported 2 days ago ! Only 3 left now!

In fact, the 3 goals left have still not generated conversions from google paid ads (I checked again my goal flow on analytics).

Celine