AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why Value of 1-per-click is same as Value of many-per-click?

N/A
# 1
N/A

When I multiply Value / conv. (1-per-click) by Conv. (1-per-click) I am getting the same or almost the same total value as when I multiply Value / conv. (many-per-click) by Conv. (many-per-click). I would have thought that total value of many-per-click conversions should be higher. Can anyone explain this?

Also how is Total conv. value calculated? Is it based on 1-per-click conversions or many-per-click?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why Value of 1-per-click is same as Value of many-per-click?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Are the counts of 1-per-click and many-per-click similar? Every 1-per-click conversion is also a many-per-click conversion. Sounds to me like you're not getting many 2nd or 3rd conversions.

Are you using goals or a fixed value for your conversions? If so, total conv/ value is total number of conversions multiplied by that value. If the value for your conversions is variable (you provide the value at the time of conversion), total conv/ value would be the sum of all those values.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

When you set up your campaign you can choose to calculate your conversions based on 1 per click or many per click so I am not sure what you are trying to calculate?  

Cost per conversion multiplied by conversions will equal your cost. 

Kind regards

Feilim

N/A
# 4
N/A

No, the counts are different. Here's an example data:

Conv. (1-per-click) - 382

Value / conv. (1-per-click) - 40.9

Total value 1perclick multiplied - 15623.8

Conv. (many-per-click) - 427

Value / conv. (many-per-click) - 36.6

Total value manyperclick multiplied - 15628.2

Total conv. value - 15,624.70

How could the value be so similar when number of conversions is around 10% different? Both are close to Total conv. value.

N/A
# 5
N/A

Does anybody know an answer to this? Are your numbers similar?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I think I understand what is going on - but I'm not sure I can explain it!

It will depend upon how your values are configured, but let's see if this makaes sense....

1 per click is basically a measure of the conversions that a single visitor makes - since it is possible for a visitor to trigger two conversions in one visit the system only counts one conversion in this situation.

with many per click - this is the total amount of conversions that all visitors make - including those visitors that trigger two conversions.

In your numbers above it seems that (427 - 382 =) 45 visitors triggered two conversions....

Now lets suppose that the values are in terms of purchases.... a visitor who triggers two conversions still only has a single value (the total of what they bought). So if I trigger one conversion and spend $100 - the value of my conversion is $100

If, however, I trigger two conversions, but still only purchase $100 - the value of each conversion is now $50

But I still made 2 conversions so my total conversion value is still $100

Mix me in with a few others... let's suppose that there are ten of us - all making a $100 purchase.

The other 9 all trigger one conversion but I trigger two.

on a one per click model my conversions are counted only once, so we have 10 1 per click conversions each valued at $100 - total conversion value 10 x $100 = $1000

on a many per click model, how2ver, we have 11 conversions 9 of which have a value of $100 and 2 at $50.... conversion value is $1000/11 = $90.90 (actually $90.90909090.....)

Because I've rounded down to two decimals - if I then multiply my value per conversion ($90.90) by the number of conversions (11) I get $999.90

I've lost 10 cents in the rounding error

I think that's it......

Phew!

N/A
# 7
N/A
I see what you mean with rounding error, but I still don't understand why if I make a second conversion, the total value doesn't increase but stays the same as value of one-per-click?

I could assume that these people somehow trigger a second conversion with 0 value, then your explanation would make sense. But then what happens with customers who actually make multiple conversions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think nobody has answered his right question which is -  Also how is Total conv. value calculated? Is it based on 1-per-click conversions or many-per-click?

From the real time data at my disposal I could say that it's based on conversion 1-per-click

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
I thought I had answered it pretty well ;-)

The answer is both and neither. The system take the total value of all conversions and then divides that by either the total number of one per click or the total number of many per click conversions. This will, of course, give different values per conversion, but we're looking through the wrong end of the telescope if we try and start with the conversions and multiply through... we have to start with the total conversion value and divide back.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If my memory serves me right - conversion many per click would also count if the same user who triggered the conversion happens to visit the website in the next 30 days either directly going to the site or through other sources.

Let's take a scenario - User comes to the website by clicking Adwords ads and books for $1000 so now conversion 1 per click will be 1 and conversion many per click also will be 1 for that click. Now the same user after 10 days goes to the website directly (without clicking adwords ads) and books for another $500 now that would be added to the conversion many per click. So now the conversion 1 per click will be 1 and connversion many per click will be 2 against that particular click. Am sure that this how Adwords works.

Now the question is will the booking value will be added to the total conversion value. I mean will the total conversion value be added with $500 and read as $1500 or just the $1000. From the real time data I have seen it shows only $1000 and the later conversion which was just added to the conversion many per click but revenue was the same (conversion 1 per click). I just needed to confirm this!!