AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why Search String isn't one of the ValueTrack?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I was shocked to find out that using {keyword} as a valuetrack parameter will only yield the keyword from my account, rather than the real search string a user has used.

I want to find out exactly which user came from which search string.

This is extremly important as I want to analyze aggregated data, about users who take specific actions in my website, such as those who convert and those who don't.

But instead, since Adwords reporting turns out to be so useless, it seems like my only option is to go each day to the "search terms" report, and try to attribute each search term that has a conversion, to the user which I might have been the one that converted. trying to make such an analysis when I have thousands of visitors who fall into this category, is simply horrible. On Bing it is possible. Why isn't it possible on Adwords? What are my options?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why Search String isn't one of the ValueTrack?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi jay s,

Google considers this to be a privacy issue. With the advent of secure search, the search query is never available for individual searches, even for organic traffic. The search terms report is your only option.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords