AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why Adwords keywords appear as "not set" on analytics ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My analytics and adwords accounts are linked, but on analytics, all the details about the adword campaign (keywords etc) appear as "not set".

Any ideas why ?

Thanks!

C.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why Adwords keywords appear as "not set" on analytics ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Cel_K ;

Here you are, a full an answer, straight from Analytics help forum;

http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!topic/analytics/Sx6pDTPlwOs

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV,

Thanks for your help!

yes I did go through this post before posting my question. Unfortunately I have not found my solution there for the moment.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Make sure there aren't 302 redirects on your site. We find that that erases the keyword data, but not always the source/medium data. Weird, but true. I would recommend you use Web Analytics Solutions profiler + use a plugin to see what requests are coming / going to the browser.

I will try to put up a video showing how to do this.

- David

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's a link of how to fix not set showing up in Google Analytics:

http://ppccampaigngenerator.com/adwords-showing-up-not-set-in-google-analytics

Oh, and my first thought is that cost data isn't being applied to the Analytics profile.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What does " cost data isn't being applied" mean?

How do you navigate from step 1 to solve it?

Thanks a lot

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok I am not sure about whether you have auto-linked Analytics and Adwords correctly; but here is how to do it:

First make sure your both Analytics and Adwords accounts are on same email;

2nd go to Analytics Admin > Property > Adwords Linking. If you have adwords account on same email you will be able to see your Client ID: XXX-XXX-XXXX click the continue button and then choose the view/profile you want to linkup with Adwords and click link account;

Ok your Analytics is link up with your Adwords account now but it’s not end here;

Now go to your Adwords account > Account Settings > Linked Accounts > Google Analytics (view details)

Here you will see the view/profile name that you selected in Google Analytics, add that view and then save it. Now your Analytics and Adwords accounts are link up with each other properly and you will be able to see campaigns, keywords etc. in Google Analytics.

Hope that helps,

Thanks,
Nouman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much Nouman, this was very helpful and I have methodically gone through it several times to ensure I have done it accurately. Sadly I still see the dreaded words "not set"in the adwords report under campaigns. Both are linked and have the correct email and ID. Does it take time to apply? Or any ideas why it still does not show?

Such a long winded process to see data in adwords...

Thanks again

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Philip, It usually takes 24 hours for the Adwords data to start showing up in Analytics; If you still see it 'not set' after 24-48 hours than I would suggest you to call your Adwords Representative to figure out what issue it is.

Is all of the Adwords data is "not set" or are you able to see some in Analytics?