AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Which tracking template is used by sitelink ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I have questions regarding the behavior of sitelinks with the new upgraded URLs.

First : Which tracking template is used by sitelink ?
For example, you define a tracking template at the keyword level. No tracking template is defined at the account/campaign/AG/sitelink level. Does the tracking template defined at the kwd level is used for the sitelink URL ?

Second : are custom parameters defined at a parralel level used ?
For example, you define a tracking template at the campaign level, including a parameter defined at the ad level. You have sitelinks in your campaign, with no tracking template (so it takes the tracking template of the campaign level)
Does the real final destination URL of the sitelink uses the parameter defined at the ad level?

Thansk in advance,
Perrine

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Which tracking template is used by sitelink ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I am not sure I fully understand your question;

If I got you  right, then  the more restrictive sitelink will apply - i.e. The ad-group level sitelinks

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do sitelinks import campaign's/ad group's tracking URL parameters and custom parameters? 
I am advertising in the USA
One campaign - one state (tracking URL & custom parameters are exclusive to each campaign). 

While adding sitelinks in the campaign level, do I have to set the same tracking URL & custom parameters to sitelinks in this campaign? Are the campaign's tracking URL & custom parameters apply to the sitelinks firing in thing campaign? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’