AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Which keyword triggered which conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI everyone,

There is another post that tell to go in ads, then segment, can select conversion name but that doesn't help me, it's all at 0 with that way.

Here's my challenge. In tools>conversion, I have a very important conversion tracker that has 52 clicks on it, and I absolutely need to know which keywords has brought those 52 clicks, is that possible to know? The range is probably over the last year.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Which keyword triggered which conversion

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Raphael,

the other post is correct, but they did not give you enough information. If you segment by conversion > name it will tell you which conversion names were triggered for each keyword.

So you need to go to your keywords tab (not ads) and then segment by conversion > conversion name. This will show the the data under the conversions column NOT converted clicks column.

So if you are currently looking at the converted clicks column then all the conversion names will display --, you need to add the conversions column to the account and see the conversion name data there.

Let me know if this helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Raphael,

the other post is correct, but they did not give you enough information. If you segment by conversion > name it will tell you which conversion names were triggered for each keyword.

So you need to go to your keywords tab (not ads) and then segment by conversion > conversion name. This will show the the data under the conversions column NOT converted clicks column.

So if you are currently looking at the converted clicks column then all the conversion names will display --, you need to add the conversions column to the account and see the conversion name data there.

Let me know if this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You just saved me, thank you very much. I didn't know about the Conversion column and that's what I was missing. Thanks again.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Glad I could help1