AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Which changes are not tracked in Change History?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Which changes are not tracked in Change History?

I only found that passwords are not tracked in Change History for security reasons. What other changes are not tracked? The official document on Google Help shows only the categories that are tracked.

best

Ali

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Which changes are not tracked in Change History?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sheikh,

password change isn't specific to AdWords, as it is for the entire Google account. Hence it isn't tracked in the change history. Speaking of changes made within the account, adding, modifying or removing payment methods (like CC) aren't tracked in the change history for security reasons.
Sumanth Sridhar

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello Sheikh T,

All the changes that are not mentioned here: See your account history , you cannot track via Change History tool in Google Adwords account.

Changes that you can see in Change history tool:

• Ad: Actions taken to create, edit, pause, resume or delete an ad
  • Budget: Adjustments to your campaign's budget, but not shared budgets
  • Bid: Adjustments to your ad group and keyword bids
  • Network: Changes to the ad network(s) your campaign is targeting
  • Keyword: Actions taken to add, pause, resume, or delete keywords; adjustments to a keyword-level maximum cost-per-click (CPC) bid or landing page
  • Status: Actions taken to pause, resume, or delete a campaign, ad group, keyword, or ad
  • Targeting: Adjustments to language and location targeting

+ changes made via automated rules, AdWords API, and AdWords Editor.

Everything else remains untracked by Change history tool. It can be anything you can think of, that is not in the list above.

So it does not track any account settings, billing settings.

I would say anything from campaign level and down the ladder is tracker, above campaign level and anything outside campaigns is not tracked.

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi guys,

I appreciate the responses but do we have a concrete list of items that are not tracked in adwords change history?

best

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
No such thing exists as far as I know.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can we please raise this issue to a Google employee?

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hi Sheikh, 

What exactly do you need this details for? We are unable to share the complete list but if you let us know a particular feature, we can let you know whether that is tracked in Change History or not. 

Thanks, 

Mini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey,

I need this detail to make a check list. You see sometimes what happens is that in a large account we make frequent changes on a daily basis so we want to know which changes are being not reported.

Do we know in the change history when an ad gets approved limited?
changes made to extensions and their status
language targeting
country targeting
ad rotation settings
ad scheduling

You see I want to develop a system for monitoring the general health of the account. So any critical setting or change that is not reported in change history would require some other way to monitor it. For that I need a starting point; some area or a list of changes that are not reflected in adwords history.

I hope I was able to make it clear why I need it

Thanks and best regards

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi Sheik, 

You can track the features that you mentioned under your account Change History. That said, we do not have any list to share. 

Thanks, 

Mini

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sheikh,

this probably comes too late but for anyone else: I found a list here, that is probably not complete but looks quite good on first glance:
http://white.net/blog/secret-histories-whats-missing-change-history/