AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Which Set Keywords are getting impressions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a video campaign set up on youtube, so my video shows up for certain search words. 50 impressions so far, with  "targeting group" set for specific keywords. Can I see which keywords are getting imprssions? Also which are getting the clicks? 

Or will it not break it down like that?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Which Set Keywords are getting impressions?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes, we can get the youtube search terms.Here is the process to get the Youtube search terms:-

Go to the "Target Tab" under campaigns.> Then click on the Youtube Search keywords(Located at the right side UI) Then we can able to see the Youtube search terms. Here we can also choose the particular search terms for exclusion (can add the negative keywords).

Youtube Search Terms.png

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

To my recollection (though this may have changed), keywords used in TrueView in search and TrueView in display,  work collectively as a theme, to promote your ad next to  relevant search results on YouTube.

Unlike Adwords search or Adwords display (since recently), there is no specific keyword which could be "identified" as the one triggered the ad.

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/2740776?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Host E,

Yes, view by keywords are available for the "youtube in-search" campaigns. All you have to do is to access the "youtube analytics" click on "traffic sources" and then on "youtube in-search".

More is explained here : link

"

• Use YouTube Analytics to see which keywords and referrers are driving traffic to your video for more keyword ideas.
  • Use negative keywords to filter out unwanted searches so people who are more likely to be interested in your content can see your promotion."

Also this blog post shows a print-screen under "Traffic sources"

http://www.catalystsearchmarketing.com/youtube-analytics-a-brief-how-to-and-overview/

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@ Adrian;

Do you have a campaign on your MCC to demonstrate / verify this? Currently I don't  have a TrueView in search campaign active, so, my answer is based on my recollection: I remember that this data was not available per individual keyword  (certainly not on the Adwords UI).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Host E,

the best way to find out witch keyword got the credit, create several one-keyword-adgroups and measure the adgroup statitstics.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes, we can get the youtube search terms.Here is the process to get the Youtube search terms:-

Go to the "Target Tab" under campaigns.> Then click on the Youtube Search keywords(Located at the right side UI) Then we can able to see the Youtube search terms. Here we can also choose the particular search terms for exclusion (can add the negative keywords).

Youtube Search Terms.png

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’