AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Where to put Adwords Tracking Code in Weebly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I set up a website as a trial run with Weebly and for my Thank You page, I put the Google Analytics code in the "Header Code" section while Google Adwords tracking code in the "Footer Code". I was wondering, would this be alright?

The reason as to why I am asking this is because I used Tag Assistant by Google to check the tags in my thank you page and it showed that same web property ID are tracked twice. Could this be because of having both codes in one page?

Max

Re: Where to put Adwords Tracking Code in Weebly

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Not very likely - sounds like you have more then one instance of the Web property ID on your page ( ie two GA codes)

If you can view the HTML version look for duplicate instances. If not do this:

Bring up the page live, not the back end. Then you can do a right click on your page, to view source and a nit both Control and F at the same time to bring up a search box and search for account number of your GA,. Repeat the same search with the Adwords Tracking code number. See if there is only one instance or two.

Remove the duplicate. There should be only 1 instance of GA, 1 instance of Adwords.
The set-up is correct, There is number that looks like this UA-XXXXXXX-01 that represents the Analytics code and a Adwords number that looks like this conversion_id = 1234567890;

More on Adwords Tracking
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095821

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eric,

I followed your suggestion and found that there were 2 UA numbers, which is weird. Went back to check on weebly and could not find that 2nd UA number anywhere! I copied and pasted the code from GA again to my weebly settings page and I'm still seeing the 2nd UA number again.

Max

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Max,

Reply with the domain url.. You can edit it back out of your comment or delete the comment after you hit send, That way I will get the URL in the Email notification, and you can remove it from this thread.

I will see if I notice something from the view source code that may offer you clue. If not I suggest you contact Weebly support.

I suspect you pasted it twice in the Same box, potentially, but maybe not.. can't tell without looking at it. ( source code via a live view source)

(edited out 3rd party link)

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Got it,

It appears to me, that you have edited the Template and pasted the code in the Template As well as used the Setting SEO feature to add the code, as it appears once just below the Meta info starting on line 17 and just before the close head tag on line 104.

Look to see if you can edit the Template Header.

Look to see if there are any type of plugins, or Add on's that you may have added the code in there as well.

Too me the setting code would be the one just below the meta info on line 17 and either an edit by you of the header file, or another add on or plugin but it just before the <head>.

Look through all your setting options, add on option, and ultimately edit the Header FILE

(edited out additional 3rd party links)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see. So, it's weebly's own tracking code. That means, there should not be any problem with it then?

Thanks for your help Eric!

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
Max,

You do have issues. There are Three Google Analytics sessions, 2 of your own and one of Weebly.

You need to remove one of your Instances, I would say the easiest way is remove the ONE you know where you put it, * via the setting. Remove it, Publish, and with the view source do the search again and see which lines have the code, either in the line 17 area or the line 104 area.

Now with a Weebly also GA account that may mess up your stats reporting. In the prior post thread I gave you a work around from another site Stackoverflow ( view prior emails)

But, since you have the Adwords Tracking script, Adwords will count all conversion hits. I just don't think you will get reliable data from Analytics until you make those modification like that one thread suggested, and learn how to edit the Header file in weebly to add the code in correctly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Alright, I'll give it a go later on based on the suggested work around and let you know how it goes.

Max

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eric,

I was going to edit the tracking code based on the link you provided but, the problem is that the GA tracking code provided by Google is totally different from the one shown from the link.

Max