AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Where to place the conversion tracking tag for purchase/sale

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I've created a conversion tag for purchase/sale for one of my AdWord's campaigns. I have placed that tag on the confirmation page template (we are using Adobe Business Catalyst) before the closing </body> tag.

Is this the correct place and only place I need to implement the tag? I wasn't sure if I needed it on the landing page my ads are sending visitors to as well.

Thanks for your time and help!

Daniel

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Re: Where to place the conversion tracking tag for purchase/sale

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Daniel E

That is the correct place. You only want it on the page that confirms a conversion has happened.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Daniel E

That is the correct place. You only want it on the page that confirms a conversion has happened.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Just a side note, You can use "Google Tag Assistant" to check if there is any error within the code implemented.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply on this matter. After a week went by I received a "tag inactive" message in AdWords. I'm not sure what's going on b/c when I arrange the dates for last month (April) it shows 107 conversions for purchase. Which is higher than normal for this account AND I didn't create/place this tag until the beginning of May.

Anymore input would be greatly appreciated. I've never had any issues with this but for some reason this one account is giving me all types of problems. Thanks for your time!