AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Where to find AdWords Remarketing Tags?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the toughest time finding where to look-up and/or edit the actual TAGS for a Tag-Based Remarketing List.

For instance, if I go to Shared Library -> Audiences -> Create Remarketing List

Then under "Who to add to your list" I select "Visitors of a page with a specific tag"

I see an area open up which shows my list of Tags.

What I CANNOT FIND is where to edit this list.  If I create a NEW TAG, then I can copy at the end, but if I don't create a new one, and I don't have the current one (for instance, lost-it/cant-remember) then I don't see where to find these tags again.

I also cannot find where to DELETE these Tags if I'm no longer using them...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where to find AdWords Remarketing Tags?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also being able to rename the actual TAG would be helpful as well...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

please see the image....

1 - you can rename the audience (list) and...

2 - you can get the tag again in case you need to re-add...

Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 21.42.08.png

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Technically, you only need a single tag, which you can find under Shared Library > Audiences > "Tag Details" button > "setup" button > View AdWords tags for websites

You should put that tag on every page of your site. Any further segmentation can be done with rule-based lists (e.g. "URL contains cart")

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Mike,

I suggest you start with scratch. Remove all remarketing codes from all pages and this time you keep the record of page URLs in excel you tagged with different remarketing codes. If I understand your question correctly.

Rohit