AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Where is the metric for Call-to-Action overlays on video ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In searching the subject question, I found this thread: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/YouTube-Reporting-Call-to-Action-Overlay-...

However, the solution shown in that thread does not work for me: I can't find the call-to-action metric in the column display options.  I've looked in the Ads, Videos, Targets and Settings tabs and I can't find it in any of the "Customize Columns" options.

So, how do I add that metric to the display columns?  Was it taken away?

Thanks!

rgames

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard A
September 2015

Re: Where is the metric for Call-to-Action overlays on video ads?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

It is currently not possible to see separate reporting for clicks from CTA. All clicks on your video (Companion banner clicks, CTA clicks) are reported under "Clicks" under Campaigns/Ads/Targets tab in the AdWords for Video interface.

"CTA clicks will now be included within the “Clicks” and “CTR” reporting metrics in AdWords for video, enabling you to better quantify the total impact of this video interactivity feature."
For more info: http://adwords.blogspot.com/2014/05/improving-cta-overlays.html

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard A
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

It is currently not possible to see separate reporting for clicks from CTA. All clicks on your video (Companion banner clicks, CTA clicks) are reported under "Clicks" under Campaigns/Ads/Targets tab in the AdWords for Video interface.

"CTA clicks will now be included within the “Clicks” and “CTR” reporting metrics in AdWords for video, enabling you to better quantify the total impact of this video interactivity feature."
For more info: http://adwords.blogspot.com/2014/05/improving-cta-overlays.html

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK - thanks!

That leads directly to my next question - I'm not running in-stream ads, so people have to click on the ad to see it. Therefore, the number of clicks must be at least equal to the number of views. However, my "clicks" are all zero but I have thousands of views. I just added the CTA overlays so I gather the "clicks" are not the clicks that play the video.

I guess "clicks" are clicks AFTER the click on the link to play the video. Is that correct? Must be - it should be labeled "In-Video Clicks" or something like that to make it clear that it doesn't mean clicks on the video link.

I called Google and asked but the guy on the phone clearly had no idea...

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

No, the report doesn't include the clicks to play your ads. The report includes clicks typically show someone’s intention to learn more about what you offer or to take direct action, such as to install an app.

Just wait and you will probably start seeing data, once people interact with the CTA.

I didn't mean the thumbnail that someone clicks to play your ad , I edited the post to avoid misconception Smiley Happy